CRAYON STAIN REMOVALNote: Using a wet/dry vac can be used for extraction instead of a towel. Before you tackle the question of how to remove crayon from carpet, remember that any type of stain is more likely to come out if you act fast.
- As soon as you discover the stain, gently scrape any remaining crayon residue from the surface.
- Using a small amount of carpet cleaner, add a small amount to the affected area and blot with a clean towel or absorbent pad.
- Repeat Step 2 over and over until the crayon stain disappears.
- Allow the crayon stain to dry.
How to Get Crayon Out of Carpet – Method # 2
- Upon discovering the crayon stain, see if you can remove any excess colored wax using a dull knife.
- Next, wrap an ice cube in a plastic bag and apply the plastic bag directly on top of the stained area. This will freeze any wax residue that remains.
- Cover the stained area with a clean white cloth.
- Using the tip of a warm iron (not too hot!) press into the cloth. As you repeat this step, more and more colored wax should start to transfer from the carpet to the cloth.
- If you still see any color on the carpet after completing steps 1 through 4, sponge the affected area of the carpet using a dry-cleaning solvent. (i.e. mineral spirits, acetone…)
How to Get Melted Crayon Out of CarpetIt’s one thing to try and get rid of a dry crayon stain – but how do you handle getting rid of crayon that’s actually melted? If the two above mentioned do-it-yourself techniques don’t seem to be working effectively for melted crayon, try this method to remove crayon from carpet:
- Take blue dawn dish soap and mix several drops with a cup of warm water.
- Place a white cloth directly over the stained area of your carpet.
- Pour the soapy water onto the cloth and let it soak into the crayon stain.
- Take a warm iron (on the low setting) and place it over the stain. Let the iron sit for a few minutes.
- Repeat step 4 several times or until the stain is no longer visible.
- Dry the carpet with a fresh towel, blotting until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
*This website provides suggestions for home remedies for removing stains. JTEC LLC is not liable for any damage to your personal assets from these recommendations. Professional cleaning is always recommended.