GREASE STAIN REMOVAL
Note: Using a wet/dry vac can be used for extraction instead of a towel.
- Blot up as much of the grease stain as possible
- Apply a dry-cleaning solvent (i.e mineral spirits) using a clean sponge.
- Apply a dry spotter to the stained area. A dry spotter is made by combining 8 parts liquid dry-cleaning solvent l.
- Using an absorbent pad, cover the stain with more dry spotter.
- As the pad continues to pick up the stain, you’ll see that this answers the question of how to remove grease stains from carpet.
How to Get Grease Out of Carpet – Method # 2
Another way to tackle the task of how to remove grease stains from carpet involves using white vinegar.
- Using a bit of water, sponge the stain.
- Apply a few drops of white vinegar, along with a wet spotter. A wet spotter is made of one part dishwashing detergent, one part glycerine, and eight parts water (shake it well and store in a plastic water bottle).
- Pour a generous amount of wet spotter onto an absorbent pad. Place the pad directly onto the grease stain.
- Change the absorbent pad as the grease stain gradually disappears.
- You can repeat steps 1 through 3, flushing the grease stain with water.