PAINT STAIN REMOVAL
Note: Using a wet/dry vac can be used for extraction instead of a towel.
How to remove water-based paint stains from carpet:
- If the paint stain is still wet, simply blot the spot with a wet paper towel – don’t scrub, just blot.
- If the paint stain is dry, use hot water and a little bit of dish detergent. Let the solution sit for a few minutes to soften the paint.
- Once the paint is softened, use a knife or pin to scrape the paint stain. Continue to add more solution as you scrape.
- If the paint is still not softening, consider using a handheld steamer while you scrape to eventually remove the paint stain from the carpet.
So the next time you see a paint stain in your carpet, follow these handy ways to eliminate it in minutes.
How to remove latex paint stains from carpet:
- Blot the spot to remove as much wet paint as possible – don’t scrub, or you’ll push the paint further down into the carpeting.
- Mix a cup of lukewarm water with one teaspoon of dishwashing detergent – just make sure the detergent is mild.
- Work from the outside of the paint stain to the inside, gently blotting the affected area.
- After letting the area dry completely, follow up by vacuuming.
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible.
*This website provides suggestions for home remedies for removing stains. JTEC LLC is not liable for any damage to your personal assets from these recommendations. Professional cleaning is always recommended.