Home
Home
Commercial Cleaning & Restoration
Call At918-951-3614

URINE STAIN REMOVAL

Schedule with JTEC

URINE STAIN REMOVAL

Note: Using a wet/dry vac can be used for extraction instead of a towel. What is Urine Made Of? We all know urine stains are far from appealing. Both the stain itself and the odor it produces are certainly not shy about sticking around. But why is removing urine stains and odors so difficult? By definition, urine is actually a waste product that both humans and animals expel. It’s made of many components, from chemicals to blood cells, to other forms of waste. Urine is usually around 95% water, with the other 5% varying based on the person or animal’s consumption. Proteins, uric acid, salts, minerals, and ammonia can all be found in urine, to varying degrees. First, it is best to flush and remove as much urine as practically possible. Then acidification before application of germicide is helpful as it retards bacterial action. The contaminated area is then treated with an appropriate germicide containing a suitable perfume. The germicides can be oxidizers, iodophors, phenolics, quaternaries (quats). Some germicides work better than others. The germicide must be compatible with area to be treated. The germicide kills the odor-causing bacteria and the perfume acts as a masking agent. Depending on how badly the area is contaminated by the urine, the padding and backing of carpet must be treated by direct application or needle injection, and a second or third application may be necessary. Use of the durable chemically reactive silane quaternary ammonium treatment provides longer-term control of offending bacteria, yeast or fungus. For 100% removal of urine odor and staining. Actual replacement of contaminated items is necessary.

*This website provides suggestions for home remedies for removing stains. JTEC LLC is not liable for any damage to your personal assets from these recommendations. Professional cleaning is always recommended.